Saturday, September 13, 2008

Overwhelmed

Although I have actually started things, I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't know how to turn the house into a classroom as far as materials are concerned. But then, I have that kind of problem with my life / house in general. I'm also really good at starting things and not so good at finishing them. I'm worried this endeavor will succumb to that habit. Feeling overwhelmed is the start of it. Lack of organization is the main reason for feeling overwhelmed.
I have been doing little lessons here and there with the kids, mainly the girls, even though I haven't been able to post here so often as I planned. I haven't studied much on the baby level Montessori so I don't know if what I do with AK qualifies. Mostly just talking to him constantly and describing everything. This is your shirt, a blue shirt. - Do you want up? Up high - those type things.
Anyway, I can't seem to pull it together enough to do a full session yet. Access to materials is kinda key to that and we don't have it. Correction, I haven't made it. We'll see. I am really interested, in theory, in home school, but I don't know if I've got what it takes.